Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Scrapbooks for Learning!

Moms (or Dads), Do you love to scrapbook? If so, you can turn your wonderful hobby into a great tool for your child. I had a wonderful time making up books for Yan that featured, "First Words", "Plurals", "Numbers", "Colors", etc. I just took some cute, durable books, added stickers of words that I wanted to target (or a quantity for the numbers book), and words. Making your own books cuts down on the background clutter on pages and highlights the item that you want to teach.

I have also used this as a way to make "social stories". They can be made using digital scrapbook materials, or regular ones as well. These can be used to help your child prepare for a certain unfamiliar event, or to recall and sequence a previous event. They are also a wonderful keepsake for later.

I'll try to take some pics and post them...but have fun!
Jenn

1 comment:

Lucy said...

That's a very cool idea.Even though I don't have kids(because I'm 11)it's a great thing for parents and children.You know if you make a couple of them you could sell them and make a fortune!!